Major Forces Will Shape the Communications Industry for Years to Come
November 10, 2021
- The communications industry is expected to evolve significantly over the next several years as our work and lives grow increasingly digitized.
- The amount of government funding expected to hit the market is unprecedented, and it will have a profound impact on bridging the digital divide.
- Investor interest in the market is expected to remain very high, driven by infrastructure investment funds and private equity sponsors, who seek to gain exposure to the rapid digitization of the economy.
- 5G and private wireless networks will allow small rural towns and co-ops to build their own high-speed, carrier-grade networks. They will also enable new business models and applications that will transform the way we work and live.
- Large telecommunications companies and investors are making significant investments in fiber, which will increase the competition for cable operators who are running hybrid fiber-coaxial networks. The overall impact will re-shape the communications market.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this report is not intended to be investment, tax, or legal advice and should not be relied upon by recipients for such purposes. The information contained in this report has been compiled from what CoBank regards as reliable sources. However, CoBank does not make any representation or warranty regarding the content, and disclaims any responsibility for the information, materials, third-party opinions, and data included in this report. In no event will CoBank be liable for any decision made or actions taken by any person or persons relying on the information contained in this report.
Stay ahead of the game in your field. Subscribe today.
Get CoBank's industry-leading Knowledge Exchange research reports delivered straight to your inbox as soon as they're released.
Have a comment or question about these reports?
Contact CoBank's Knowledge Exchange team to ask questions, engage with analysts or receive additional information.