Opportunity Awaits in the Rural Wireless Tower Business
February 15, 2023
- Rural wireless service is emerging as a growth opportunity for wireless operators and as such, network expansion in these markets is on the rise.
- T-Mobile has aggressive market share growth expectations driven by densifying and expanding its rural network with its 2.5GHz spectrum.
- More than $42 billion in broadband grants are up for grabs in rural America, with some of this money going to build new fixed wireless networks in high cost and ultra-high cost areas.
- Rural communication operators are well positioned to support these efforts by building wireless towers, leveraging their local knowledge and access to local resources.
- Stable cash flows and extremely attractive valuations make the rural wireless tower industry profitable. Additionally, rural towers are ideal edge computing locations which provides cash flow and valuation upside.
Stay ahead of the game in your field. Subscribe today.
Get CoBank's industry-leading Knowledge Exchange research reports delivered straight to your inbox as soon as they're released.
Have a comment or question about these reports?
Contact CoBank's Knowledge Exchange team to ask questions, engage with analysts or receive additional information.