Deal or No Deal: How the Sprint – T-Mobile Saga Will Impact Rural America
- The fate of the Sprint – T-Mobile merger is currently in the hands of a district court judge.
- Those opposed to the merger believe it will negatively impact rural operators’ revenue among other factors.
- However, if T-Mobile follows through on its plan to expand cell phone coverage in rural America, the merger could provide some wholesale/enterprise opportunities for rural telecom operators.
- If the judge blocks the deal, it will be business as usual for the foreseeable future, but future M&A for Sprint and its ability to survive on its own do create uncertainties for rural America.
- There is a lot to weigh in the potential merger, but T-Mobile’s lack of roaming agreements with rural operators is a legitimate concern for those opposed to the merger.
Stay ahead of the game in your field. Subscribe today.
Get CoBank's industry-leading Knowledge Exchange research reports delivered straight to your inbox as soon as they're released.
Have a comment or question about these reports?
Contact CoBank's Knowledge Exchange team to ask questions, engage with analysts or receive additional information.